A few weeks ago, my boss asked me to put together a “pickle playlist” for National Pickle Day 2017. I thought “How hard can this be?”, assuming most people were as passionate about singing ballads about pickles as I am. Turns out that’s not the case. It’s been a few weeks now, and after some very specific internet searches I’m ready to share My Pickle Playlist.
I would like to take this chance to say that even if the word “pickle” is in a song, there’s no guarantee that the song is about pickles or any stages of a fermented cucumber. In fact, most of these songs aren’t about pickles at all, but that’s besides the point. The point is that on November 14th 2017, we’ll be giving out free pickles in the taproom (please note that these are actual pickles).
Here’s the song list and a link to the playlist. Feel free to put it on in the car on your way to the taproom.
- The Motorcycle Song- Arlo Guthrie
- Pickles From the Jar- Courtney Barnett
- Choo’n Gum- Dean Martin
- Pickles- The Gourds
- Pickin’ Off Peanuts- Dilly and His Dill Pickles
- Fried Pickles- Early Ray
- The Gherkin Train- Joe Smith and The Spicy Pickles
- I Am A Grocery Bag- They Might Be Giants
- Brown-Eyed Pickle Boy- Tripping Daisy
- Cheeseburger in Paradise- Jimmy Buffet