Castle Island is looking for a Warehouse Assistant/Delivery Driver to join the team at our Norwood, MA Brewery. For the last five years, we’ve focused on building a community around inclusivity, approachability, and excellence, and we now need someone to help with shipping and receiving, warehouse organization and operation, and running deliveries between our two locations and to our business partners. If you have a passion for approachable craft beer, an inclusive community, and running an efficient warehouse, then this is your chance to be part of one of the most exciting breweries in Massachusetts.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Maintain a clean, safe, and organized warehouse
- Pick and prep orders for shipment
- Execute all shipping and receiving functions
- Regularly count and report physical inventory of raw materials and finished goods
- Enter critical data into ERP system with perfect accuracy
- Operate forklift, scissor lift, and other material handling equipment in daily duties
- Drive and operate box truck
- Work with relevant parties to schedule raw material and finished goods shipments between our two breweries.
- Must be reliable, prompt, and organized
- Must have excellent communication and time management skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and have the ability to quickly learn new computer software
- Must have demonstrated ability to safely operate a forklift
- Must have demonstrated ability to safely drive and operate a box truck
- Must have an eye for efficiency, space utilization, and logical order
- Must have the ability to consistently lift 55 pounds and maneuver 160 pounds with assistance
- Must be willing to work routine (short) Saturday morning shifts
- Must have excellent attention to detail, both big and small
- Must be capable of standing for extended periods of time and working in a fast paced, warehouse environment
- Must be familiar with proper handling of hazardous materials and operation of complex moving machinery
- Must be able to pass a drug test and comply with all DOT regulations, including passing a Motor Vehicle Records Check
- Must have a willingness to participate in company events and promotions both at and outside the brewery
- Must be 21+ years old
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance with employer contribution
- 401k plan
- Paid time off/holidays
- Generous shift beer policy
- Monthly retail shop stipend
- Discounts on Castle Island Merch
How to apply:
- Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Warehouse Assistant” (no phone calls or drop-ins please).
- In the body of your email, please provide responses to the following questions:
- Do you have experience operating a forklift?
- Do you have experience driving a box truck?
- Is your driver’s license current and in good standing?
- Do you have the ability to work Saturdays?
Castle Island believes in an inclusive world – and workplace – where people are excellent to each other. Anyone, regardless of their race, creed, nationality, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, veteran status, marital status, or age, is totally welcome to join our party.