Castle Island is looking for a Taproom Manager to join the team at our Norwood, MA brewery & beer garden. For the last five years, we’ve focused on building a community around inclusivity, approachability, and excellence, and we need help overseeing our hospitality operation on weekends. If you have a passion for approachable craft beer, an inclusive community, and awesome hospitality, then this is your chance to be part of one of the most exciting breweries in Massachusetts.
Role & Responsibilities:
· Manage the front of house staff
· Hire, train and manage our amazing taproom team
· Create weekly schedules
· Create daily shift assignments for all Taproom staff
· Assign breaks and ensure proper coverage for staff breaks
· Oversee daily service by taproom staff and ensure that necessary tasks are completed
· Handle any escalated customer service issues
· Ensure that all food and beverage safety regulations are followed
· Ensure that all digital and printed menus are up to date
· Maintain communication with kitchen regarding menu changes
· Make decisions regarding draft line changes and execute them
· Ensure that all Castle Island product served is up to our strict quality standards
· Safely and accurately handle all cash
· Set up cash drawers
· Collect and reconcile cash nightly and create cash deposits
· Replenish change in registers as needed
· Record cash tips as well as any cash variances nightly
· Maintain a fun environment in line with the Castle Island brand through music choices and volume, as well as lighting
· Take point in handling any VIPs, industry friends, vendors, and private events
· Manage taproom programming including live music, trivia and tours
· Have a good time, all the time
· Must be passionate about craft beer, any prior experience with beer/brewing is a plus
· Must serve as a team leader who excels in a small business environment.
· Must have the ability to interact professionally and effectively with co-workers and the general public.
· Must be reliable and organized with exceptional attention to detail
· Advanced computer literacy (Excel, Word, POS systems)
· Must excel at multi-tasking.
· Must have excellent time management and schedule management skills
· Must be able to keep up with a high energy, fast-paced environment, and be able to adapt and think on one’s feet
· Must be able to stand for extended periods of time, repeatedly lift objects up to 55 pounds, and bend, twist, and turn as required
· Must be TIPS certified before start date
· Must have reliable transportation to the beer garden
· Must be at least 21 years old
· Bartending, retail, hospitality and/or brewery experience necessary
· Medical, dental, and vision insurance with employer contribution (full-time only)
· 401K plan
· Paid time off (full-time only)
· Generous shift beer policy
· Recurring retail shop stipend
· Discounts on Castle Island merch
How to Apply:
· Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Taproom Manager” (no phone calls or drop-ins please).
· In the body of your email, please provide responses to the following questions:
· What is your favorite thing about the craft beer scene these days? What about your least favorite?
· How would you describe your idea of the perfect beer?
· Good or bad, what’s the most memorable experience you’ve had in a bar or taproom?
· How would you deal with a rowdy or intoxicated guest?