Castle Island is looking for a full-time Sales Intern for Summer 2021. The intern will assist the sales team during the most exciting time of the year in the beer industry. For the last five years, we’ve focused on building a community around inclusivity, approachability, and excellence, and we need a vibrant sales professional to help us. We are committed to help train, and foster growth within this individual. If you have a passion for the beer industry, sales, and promoting boundary-pushing beers, then this is your chance to be part of one of the most exciting breweries in Massachusetts!
Role & Responsibilities
· Will be supervised and given direction by sales manager(s).
· Travel to and visit accounts in the MA, RI, and CT markets.
· Handle customer relationships with competence when advised.
· Drop off sales samples to accounts in all markets.
· Merchandise and build in-store product displays as needed.
· Deliver and place point of sale items in accounts.
· Update account visits in sales customer relationship management app.
· Run reports and analyze data within our sales software.
· Update sales excel spreadsheets and templates.
· Conduct events at liquor stores, bars and restaurants as directed.
· Conduct market research.
· Participate in weekly Sales & Marketing Meetings.
· Must be 21+ years old
· Drivers License in good standing
· Reliable car as this position requires travelling throughout (MA, RI, and CT)
· Ability to work collaboratively with the sales and marketing team
· Desire to learn about beer sales and the beverage industry
· Strong interpersonal, oral, and written skills
· Must conduct themselves in a professional manner around customers
· Ability to work nights and weekends when necessary
· Willingness to participate in company events and promotions both at and outside the brewery.
· Proficient understanding of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Office
· Must be prompt, reliable and the ability to work independently at times
· Ability to lift 55 pounds and maneuver 160 pounds with assistance
· Great time management skills
How To Apply:
· Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Sales Intern” (no phone calls or drop-ins please)
Castle Island believes in an inclusive world – and workplace – where people are excellent to each other. Anyone, regardless of their race, creed, nationality, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, veteran status, marital status, or age, is totally welcome to join our party.