Castle Island is looking for part-time Hosts to join the team at our South Boston, MA Taproom. We’ve focused on building a community around inclusivity, approachability, and excellence, and we need help making our guests feel part of that from the second they arrive. If you have a passion for approachable craft beer, an inclusive community, and awesome hospitality, then this is your chance to be part of one of the most exciting breweries in Massachusetts.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Welcome each guest hospitably.
- Manage reservations, wait lists, and walk-ins.
- Seat guests and manage the seating chart.
- Monitor beer garden activity to determine seating and operational flow.
- Respond to guest inquiries and requests in a timely, friendly, and efficient manner.
- Provide the guest with exceptional brand, product, equipment, event and local area knowledge.
- Perform opening and closing duties, as needed.
- Clean (behind bar, tables, ground, restrooms, walk-in cooler, etc.)
- Adhere to company safety, sanitary, etc. policies and procedures
- Checking IDs to determine who can enter legally
- Follow alcohol awareness procedures for preventing intoxication (TIPS Certification a requirement before start date)
- Must be passionate about craft beer and excellent hospitality
- Must be a team player who excels in a small business environment
- Must be reliable and organized with exceptional attention to detail
- Must be able to keep up with a high energy, fast-paced environment
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time, bend, twist, and turn as required
- Must be at least 21 and have reliable transportation to the beer garden
- Must have availability nights, weekends, and holidays
- Customer Service oriented
- Host or hospitality experience preferred
- 401K plan
- Generous shift beer policy
- Recurring retail shop stipend
- Discounts on Castle Island merch
How to Apply:
- Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “South Boston Host” (no phone calls or drop-ins please).
Castle Island believes in an inclusive world – and workplace – where people are excellent to each other. Anyone, regardless of their race, creed, nationality, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, veteran status, marital status, or age, is totally welcome to join our party.