Castle Island Brewing Company is hiring a Hospitality Director to lead our hospitality division. We believe that beer should be inclusive, approachable, and excellent, and we are searching for a like-minded individual who is goal-oriented, strategy-driven, and hungry to grow taproom sales. With locations in Norwood, MA and South Boston, MA, this is an incredible opportunity for anyone looking to get into a key role and propel the company to new levels of sales, customer service, and brand excitement.
The Hospitality Director reports to the President and is responsible for overseeing the smooth operation of the company’s hospitality outlets, including taprooms and beer gardens, and achieving stated sales and operational goals. This position requires a high level of independence, creativity, drive, leadership skills, and personnel management experience. This position requires regular travel between multiple company locations as well as semi-regular availability on nights and weekends.
- Manage, lead and support the management teams at all taproom and beer garden locations
- Manage, lead and support the Private Events Sales Manager
- Drive performance and sales growth at all locations
- Develop and execute strategies to achieve company sales targets and operational goals
- Author all taproom and beer garden operating plans and budgets
- Train, educate, consult, and communicate with all hospitality staff
- Ensure all hospitality teams are meeting regulatory and compliance requirements for food safety, labor laws, alcohol regulations and safe service, in addition to internal company policies and procedures. Note: this position does not manage the kitchen or kitchen staff; that is handled by our external food partner.
- Develop programs and promotions that increase brand awareness and customer foot traffic
- Execute, oversee, and delegate human resources tasks including recruiting, hiring, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining staff; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures; handling complaints
- Increase guest satisfaction by monitoring, evaluating, and auditing food, beverage, and service offerings; initiating improvements; building relationships with preferred customers
- Communicate with hospitality management teams and staff about upcoming events, company initiatives, operational changes, and other relevant updates and information
- Keep hospitality teams engaged and excited to deliver great service
- Ensure all equipment and property is kept clean and in good working condition through inspections and preventative maintenance programs
- Ensure all locations are adhering to strong cash handling and reconciliation procedures
- Participate in weekly Management meetings to review financial performance, forecasts, and operational plans
- Lead the reopening of the company’s beer garden in a new location (note: this individual is not responsible for finding the new location in 2023, but will hold that responsibility in future years)
- Recruit, hire, onboard, and train new seasonal beer garden employees
- Prepare weekly reports for management team on beer garden operations
- Spearhead operational and logistics efforts to get beer garden set up and broken down at the beginning and end of season, respectively
- High school diploma or equivalent; Bachelor’s Degree in a related field a plus (i.e. marketing, hospitality, business management, or other applicable area of study)
- Four plus years of prior management experience in a restaurant or food & beverage hospitality setting
- Experience managing multiple restaurant/hospitality units a plus
- Familiarity with budgets, sales goals, and forecasts
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to handle multiple complex tasks at the same time
- Basic math skills and ability to use a POS system, ability to operate a computer, and proficient in Microsoft Office suite (especially Outlook, Word, and Excel)
- Must have a telephone or other reliable method of communicating with all employees. Must be accessible for emergencies 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Must have access to reliable transportation for traveling between company locations
- Able to work flexible hours necessary to oversee the hospitality locations effectively
- Must be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time and be able to frequently lift loads greater than 50 pounds with assistance
- Must be 21 years or older
Key performance indicators:
- Achieving business unit revenue and profitability goals
- Maintaining positive reputation and reviews (e.g. Google, Facebook, Yelp, etc.)
- Minimizing staff turnover
- Ensuring service standards are maintained and met
Compensation & Benefits:
- Base salary: $70,000 – $90,000
- Health, dental, vision, long-term disability, and life insurance with employer contribution
- Paid time off and paid company holidays
- 401k plan
- Regular beer, food, and merch allowance
Interested? Sweet! Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com new email with the subject line “Hospitality Director”.
Castle Island believes in an inclusive world – and workplace – where people are excellent to each other. Anyone, regardless of their race, creed, nationality, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, veteran status, marital status, or age, is totally welcome to join our party.