The return of summer brings back all your favorite saltwater pastimes and calls for an Icemule backpack cooler filled with Keeper for maximum enjoyment. One lucky fan will win a private fishing charter – enter below to win!
Click Here to Enter!
“Castle Island It’s a Keeper” Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASING WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. SWEEPSTAKES ENTRY IS FOR A CHANCE TO WIN; WINNING NOT GUARANTEED. THE FOLLOWING SWEEPSTAKES IS VALID ONLY IN THE STATES OF MASSACHUSETTS, RHODE ISLAND, AND CONNECTICUT. VOID ELSEWHERE AND WHEREVER PROHIBITED. BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE DECISIONS OF SPONSOR. DO NOT PARTICIPATE IN THE SWEEPSTAKES IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND FALL WITHIN THE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS AS SET FORTH BELOW. THIS SWEEPSTAES IS SUBJECT TO ALL APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL LAWS, RULES AND REGULATIONS.
1) Eligibility: “It’s a Keeper” (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to legal residents of Massachusetts and Rhode Island who are the older of 21 years of age or the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence at the time of entry. Employees, officers and directors of Castle Island Brewing Company, LLC (the “Sponsor”) and their parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, representatives, directors, officers, agents, divisions, dealers, affiliates, distributors, advertising and promotional agencies, employees and assigns, advertising, promotion and administrative agencies; and anyone else connected with the production and distribution of this Sweepstakes and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and those living in their same households, whether or not related to any of the above-named entities, are not eligible to participate or win. Only an individual meeting all eligibility requirements set forth in these Official Rules may participate in the Sweepstakes or win a prize. In the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other advertising, promotional or other materials, these Official Rules shall govern. The Sponsor reserves the right to verify the eligibility of winner before awarding any prize.
2) Promotion Period: Sweepstakes begins on May 1, 2022 at 12 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on June 30, 2022 at 11:45 p.m. ET (hereinafter, “Promotion Period”).
3) How to Enter: There are two (2) methods of entry:
To Participate at Participating Retailers: Visit a participating location of a Participating Retailer (each, a “Participating Location”) during the Promotion Period, scan the posted QR code with any smartphone and follow the instructions provided to electronically complete the entry form and receive one (1) entry. Limit of one (1) entry per person at a location of each Participating Retailer throughout the Promotion Period. Additional entries received from the same natural person in excess of the stated limitation will be void. All entries become the exclusive property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. The use of script, macro or automated devices (or any other devices intended to automate or subvert any aspect of entry) to enter the Sweepstakes is prohibited and any entry through such means and any entry that is deemed to be ineligible (at Sponsor’s sole discretion and in accordance with these Official Rules) are void. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an entrant based on the email address submitted, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the person named on the applicable entry (regardless of whether that is the name of the authorized account holder of the email address from which said entry form was submitted), provided such individual is eligible according to these Official Rules. The Sponsor is not responsible for telephonic, human or computer failures, problems or errors, interruptions in service due to system upgrades, repairs, modifications or other causes, failures or malfunctions of connections, satellite, network, cable, Internet Service Provider (ISP), phones, phone lines or telephone systems, traffic congestion on the internet, technical or mechanical malfunctions, or other malfunctions or errors, whether caused by equipment, programming, human error or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, mail, or the announcement of the prize; or for any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in this Sweepstakes, or for printing, typographical, human or other errors appearing in these Official Rules or other Sweepstakes-related materials. Sponsor reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to void any entries of entrants who Sponsor believes have attempted to tamper with or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of this Sweepstakes or is in violation of these Official Rules.
To Participate by Mail: Submit a written letter or card with your full name, complete address, phone number (including area code), date of birth, and email address (optional), and mail it in an envelope with proper postage affixed to: Castle Island Brewing Co., ATTN: It’s a Keeper Sweeps, 31 Astor Ave., Norwood, MA 02062. Mail-in entries must be typed or legibly hand-written, and entries must be mailed in separately. All mail-in entries must be postmarked by June 30, 2022, and received by July 1, 2022.
4) Drawing: A random drawing will be conducted on or about July 1, 2022 by an authorized representative of the Sponsor to select the winner(s) from among all eligible entries received by the Sponsor, whose decisions are final on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Drawing will be conducted by assigning each entry a different number on a blind basis and using a random number generator to select the winning number, which will then be used to identify the winning entry. Odds of winning a prize will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received. Potential prize winner will be notified by email and may be required to complete, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Publicity/Liability Release prior to the receipt of the prize, or the prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. If the potential winner cannot be contacted; is ineligible according to these Official Rules; fails to return the required documents within the specified time period; declines his/her prize for any reason whatsoever; otherwise fails to fully comply with these Official Rules; or if prize notification is returned as undeliverable, potential prize winner will forfeit his/her prize and the prize may be awarded to an alternate winner from among all remaining eligible entries received, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion. The Sponsor will select up to three (3) successive alternate winners, after which point the Sponsor will discontinue the Sweepstakes and retain the prize. If selected as a winner during the Promotion Period, you will not be eligible for remaining drawings for the remainder of the Promotion Period.
5) Prize: 1 grand prize winner will receive the following prizes (collectively the “Prize”):
- 1 voucher for private fishing charter for up to 4 people out of Massachusetts (estimated $1,500 value)
- 1 Castle Island IceMULE Cooler Backpack (estimated $250 value)
Total Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of Prize: $1,750. All Prize details are at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Grand prize may be shipped to winner with shipping expenses paid by Sponsor, or they may be picked up at Castle Island Brewing Company, 31 Astor Ave., Norwood, MA 02062.
6) Prize Restrictions: Winner agrees to accept prize “as is”, and Sponsor will not be held liable for any defects or misunderstandings about prizes. No transfer, assignment, sale, duplication, cash redemption or substitution of Prize (or portion of Prize) is permitted, except by Sponsor, which reserves the right to substitute a Prize (or applicable portion of Prize) with one of comparable or greater value, as determined by Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible for and will not replace lost or stolen Prize or any component thereof. Non-compliance with these Official Rules may result in disqualification and, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, the awarding of prize to an alternate winner. Winner is solely responsible for any and all applicable fees, taxes and expenses associated with a Prize that are not specifically listed herein.
7) Verification of Potential Winners: ALL POTENTIAL WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES. A PARTICIPANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL PARTICIPANT’S ELIGIBILITY HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND PARTICIPANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE.
8) Publicity: Except where and as may be prohibited by law, participation in the Sweepstakes and acceptance of Prize constitutes express permission of winner for Sponsor, and those acting pursuant to the authority of Sponsor, to use such winner’s name, photograph, image, likeness, voice, opinions, hometown, and/or state for advertising, trade, promotion, and publicity purposes in all forms of media now known or hereafter developed, worldwide in perpetuity, without further notice, review or approval, permission, or compensation. If you do not agree to these terms, you should not participate in the Sweepstakes.
9) General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to modify, suspend or terminate this Sweepstakes (or any portion thereof) should any virus, bug, fraud, non-authorized human intervention or other causes, including but not limited to weather, war or armed conflict (whether or not officially declared), labor controversy or threat thereof, and/or acts of God, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of this Sweepstakes and, in the event of termination, at its discretion, select winner from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the date of the event requiring such termination. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any individual it determines, in its sole and absolute discretion, is or is attempting or intending to: (a) tamper with any aspect of the operation of the Sweepstakes, (b) defraud Sponsor, (c) undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, deception, or other unfair playing practices, (d) annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other participants, the Sponsor or representatives of the Sponsor or (e) act in violation of these Official Rules. In such event(s), Sponsor reserves the right (in addition to disqualification of such individual) to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any provision of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. No groups, clubs, newsletters, or organizations may reproduce or distribute any portion of these Official Rules to their members, and anyone who participates in the Sweepstakes through means not permitted by these Official Rules is subject to disqualification. No more than the stated number of Prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, mechanical, typographical, or any other reasons cause more than stated number of Prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right, in their sole and absolute discretion, to award only the stated number of Prizes (previously not awarded) by means of a random drawing among all legitimate and eligible Prize claims. ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON DELIBERATELY TO DAMAGE THE ELECTRONIC ENTRY FORM OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) AND DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
10) Agreement to Official Rules: By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor (including but not limited to Sponsor’s employees or agents handling Prize redemption), which are final and binding in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. By participating in the Sweepstakes, each participant waives any right to claim ambiguity in these Official Rules.
11) Release: By participating in this Sweepstakes, participant agrees to release, indemnify, and hold harmless the Sponsor, each Participating Location, and each of their respective officers, directors, owners, employees, agents, affiliates, owner-operators, designees and assigns (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Released Parties”), from any and all liability for any injuries, loss, harm, damage, cost, or expense of any kind to any person(s), including, without limitation, property damage, personal injury, and/or death, arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use, and/or misuse of a Prize or participation in this Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy. The Sweepstakes Released Parties are not responsible for cancellations or delays, or if any Prize cannot be awarded or used, or if the Sweepstakes cannot be conducted as planned for any reason due to non-authorized intervention, fraud, weather, force majeure event, acts of war, natural disasters, terrorism events or other causes beyond their control.
12) Limitation of Liability: Except where prohibited, participant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any Prize awarded, or the determination of the winner, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (2) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes not to exceed $50 but in no event including attorneys’ fees, and (3) under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for and participant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, consequential, and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING THE SWEEPSTAKES AND PRIZE, ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NONINFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY. CHECK LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
13) Governing Law: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or the rights and obligations of participants or the Sweepstakes Released Parties in connection with this Sweepstakes will be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other state’s laws.
Always enjoy responsibly. © 2022 Castle Island Brewing Company, LLC, Norwood, MA