Last call is half an hour before closing.
The Scoop on Growlers
UPDATE: As noted above, we are pausing all growler fills until further notice. We appreciate your understanding and patience!
We’ve added growlers to our retail menu, so Castle Island beer can now be taken home in either a 32oz or 64oz format (or both!) in addition to cans and bottles.
Growler prices are listed on our taproom menu, and will vary depending on what growler size you’re filling and which beer is going into it. If you’re purchasing one of our growlers for the first time then the glass itself costs $3 (plus tax) for 32oz growlers or $5 (plus tax) for the 64oz size. Once purchased, this glass is yours to keep forever and to refill whenever you like at our taproom.
We also will be allowing growler fills of non-branded glass. However, there are some requirements surrounding non-branded growler fills which are listed below:
- Must be either a standard 32oz or 64oz growler
- We will provide, free of charge, new growler caps that fit the standard 38MM diameter mouth to maintain the highest possible quality.
- We only fill containers that have actually been manufactured for use as a beer container, and that clearly indicates its volume.
- The glass must be free of any branding (unless it’s a Castle Island growler, of course), and it additionally cannot have any stickers, markings, or tags on it in order for it to follow the guidelines put forth by the MA ABCC.
- To ensure quality, growlers cannot be partially filled.
- We reserve the right to refuse growler fills if the growler is dirty, chipped, or displays any other sort of imperfection.
- Growlers must be brown, translucent glass so we can easily view the liquid level and ensure freshness. Growlers that aren’t brown glass, are stainless steel, or are any other sort of opaque container will not be eligible for fills.
For Castle Island branded growlers, we also reserve the right to refuse filling any growler that is deemed not clean as we do not want to compromise your enjoyment of our beer. Since we do not have the equipment or bandwidth currently to clean growlers, we ask that you purchase a new growler if the one you have in hand doesn’t meet our standards of cleanliness.
For any questions as to which beers are available for growler fills, you can check our online and taproom menus or you can follow us on Facebook (/castleislandbeer), Instagram (@cibrewing), and Twitter (@cibrewing) for any brewery updates.
Everyone loves a good party. Check out these upcoming events for your chance to get in on the action.
Looking to host a private event? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details on our private events policy.